Forestry TEP Terms and Conditions
The Forestry Thematic Exploitation Platform (F-TEP) offers an interactive application service to support the analysis and exploitation of Earth Observation data by and for the forestry community and interested parties.
Access to, and use of, the F-TEP website constitutes acceptance of the following general terms and conditions.
Neither VTT, CGI, ESA nor any other party involved in creating, producing or delivering the website shall be liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect or punitive damages arising out of Users' access to, or use of, the website. F-TEP does not guarantee the accuracy of information provided by external sources and accepts no responsibility or liability for any consequences arising from the use of such data.
Though F-TEP uses the best technical standards to control its site, material on this website may inadvertently include technical inaccuracies or other errors. We should be grateful if users could notify us of any errors or inaccuracies they may find. Please note that users browse and use the website at their own risk. F-TEP does not warrant that the functional aspects of the website will be uninterrupted or error free or that this website, or the server that makes it available, are free of viruses or other harmful components. F-TEP and/or ESA may change material on the site without prior notice.
Access and availability of service and links
The F-TEP website may contain links and references to third-party websites. These are provided for the convenience and interest of users and on the part of F-TEP or ESA this implies neither responsibility for, nor approval of, information contained in these websites. F-TEP makes no warranty, either express or implied, as to the accuracy, availability or content of information, text, graphics which are not under the 'esa.int' domain. F-TEP has not tested any software located on other sites and does not make any representation as to the quality, safety, reliability or suitability of such software.
Personal Data Privacy
By accessing the F-TEP website, certain information about users, such as internet protocol (IP) addresses, navigation through the site, software used and time spent, as well as other similar information, will be stored on ESA servers or servers of other parties directly involved in the delivery of the website. These will not specifically identify users and the information will be used internally for website traffic analysis only.
If users provide unique identifying information, such as name, address and other information on forms stored on this site, this information will not be published or made available for general access, but shall be used for statistical purposes.
Neither F-TEP nor ESA does not sell or rent its website users' names, addresses, email addresses or other personal information.
Acceptable Use Policy
- As a F-TEP user, you agree to abide by these guidelines.
- As a registered user, you agree not to share login with others. Misuse of assigned accounts and unauthorised accessing others’ account is strictly forbidden.
- You understand that F-TEP will monitor and log activity on the portal and you will have no expectation of privacy in any use of these systems.
- You are responsible for the fair use of the F-TEP portal and associated resources and understand you shall not engage in activities that compromise or weaken the security of the F-TEP portal and system.
- F-TEP shall not be used for any illegal activity – any such activity will be reported to the authorities and may be liable to prosecution.
- F-TEP users shall not purposely engage in any activity to: harass other users; degrade F-TEP portal performance; deprive other users of access to a resource, circumvent computer security measures or gain access to a system for which proper authorisation has not been given.
User Generated Content & Responsibilities
- F-TEP does not provide any assurances as the accuracy, relevance or usefulness of any user-created content on the F-TEP portal.
- As a developer, any developed and /or published service should adhere to the above acceptance uses. Any service should not contain any copyrighted software or data, expect where permitted by law or by the owner of the copyright. Any service should not contain any code or materials that will compromise the security and integrity of the F-TEP portal and associated system, any data or resources on or associated with the F-TEP platform or the integrity or privacy of any user accounts.
- F-TEP reserves the right to remove, without warning, any services or data published by F-TEP users if they are deemed to be inappropriate or comprise F-TEP security or this acceptance use policy. The decision as to appropriateness rests solely with F-TEP.
- F-TEP users have the ability and responsibility to notify the F-TEP Helpdesk of any inappropriate content. Such content will then be removed prior to a review of their appropriateness.
- F-TEP reserve the right to remove access, either temporally or permanently of any users deemed to have not followed either the acceptable use policy or their responsibility with regards to generating content on F-TEP. User may also be reported to appropriate authorities.
Use of IP addresses
The IP address is a number that is automatically given to your computer when you are surfing on the internet. Servers that host web pages, automatically identify your computer through its IP number. F-TEP uses IP addresses in order to carry out statistics, however, as IP addresses and personal identification are not linked to each other users remains anonymous.
Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to an individual hard drive for record-keeping purposes; passwords are not saved in cookies. Cookies help us to know which pages are visited most often and helps ensure that the website responds to users' needs.
If you do not wish to receive a cookie, or if you wish your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, you may use the option on your web browser to disable cookies. Click on the 'help' section of your browser to learn how to change cookie preferences. However, please note that if you disable all cookies you may not be able to take advantage of all the features available on this website.
Neither F-TEP nor ESA does not use personal identification details transferred through cookies either for promotion or marketing purposes, nor will such information be shared with a third party.
The contents of the ESA F-TEP website are intended for the personal and non-commercial use of its users. ESA grants permission to users to visit the site, and to download and copy information, images, documents and materials from the website for users' personal non-commercial use. ESA does not grant the right to resell or redistribute any information, documents, images or material from its website or to compile or create derivative works from material on its website. Use of material on the website is subject to the terms and conditions outlined below.
All material published on the ESA F-TEP website is protected by copyright and owned or controlled by ESA or the party credited as the provider of the content, software or other material.
Users may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, reproduce, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, display or in any way exploit any of the content, software, material or services, in whole or in part, without obtaining prior written authorisation.
Use of ESA logo
The ESA logo is owned by ESA and protected by trademarks and under Article 6ter of the Paris Convention for the Protection of Industrial Property. You may not modify or create derivatives of the ESA logo. Any use, reproduction, publication, display, transmission, making available to the public or exploitation of the ESA logo requires prior written authorisation. For authorisation, please contact: corporatedesign @ esa.int