Here you will find guidance on how to create a user account and enter the platform, as well as introductory videos and the User Manual.
Registration and login
User authentication for the Forestry TEP platform is supported by the ESA EO Sign In service. This is how you can get started.
- Create an ESA EO Sign In account (if you don’t have one) via the “Register Now” link therein. Please follow the link that you will receive in an email to complete the registration.
- Login to the Forestry TEP platform using your EO Sign In account.
New users are able to enter into a 30-day free trial package. Upon depletion of the free trial package, you can subscribe to one of the offered packages to continue using the platform. Learn about the contents and differences of the subscription packages.
Check out our introductory videos to get started (videos open in YouTube):
- What is Forestry TEP? (2:39)
- How can I start using the platform? (3:54)
- What does the platform look like? (3:28)
- How can I search images and create databaskets? (3:36)
- How can I run services? (2:30)
- How can I view and analyse results using the GUI applications? (3:25)
We also organize advanced trainings and focused Forestry TEP introductions. Please contact us and we can design together a training session suited for your needs.
Forestry TEP User Manual is available as a document:
For advanced use, our REST API allows connecting to the Forestry TEP features and services from external systems.
As opposed to the documentation the REST API requires a valid ESA EO-SSO session, i.e. it is easy to use from a browser window with a Forestry TEP session but requires some effort in scripts.
Forestry TEP Service Developer Guide is available as a document:
Service Developer Guide
Python utility library for parameter handling and input file detection
The names for input files that are listed in the service input parameters are not necessarily the names of
the files on the disk. We provide ftep_util library to make parameter and input management in Python
easier. See the documentation and download the wheel.
Templated service parameters
Developers can use an advanced configuration of service parameters, enabling the service to e.g. automatically determine the input data on behalf of the user. Learn more: Templated service parameters
Services can be configured to run in “Systematic” mode, which allows automated, scheduled detection of input data and generation of processing jobs. Learn more: Systematic processing