Terms and conditions
Forestry TEP Terms and Conditions
The Forestry Thematic Exploitation Platform (Forestry TEP) offers an interactive application service to support the analysis and exploitation of Earth Observation data by and for the forestry community and interested parties.
Access to, and use of, the Forestry TEP website and platform constitutes acceptance of the following general terms and conditions.
Neither VTT, CGI, ESA nor any other party involved in creating, producing or delivering the website and platform shall be liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect or punitive damages arising out of users’ access to, or use of, the website. Forestry TEP does not guarantee the accuracy of information provided by external sources and accepts no responsibility or liability for any consequences arising from the use of such data.
Though Forestry TEP uses the best technical standards to control its site, material on this website may inadvertently include technical inaccuracies or other errors. We should be grateful if users could notify us of any errors or inaccuracies they may find. Please note that users browse and use the website at their own risk. Forestry TEP does not warrant that the functional aspects of the website will be uninterrupted or error free or that this website, or the server that makes it available, are free of viruses or other harmful components. Forestry TEP may change material on the site without prior notice.
Access and availability of service and links
The Forestry TEP website may contain links and references to third-party websites. These are provided for the convenience and interest of users and on the part of Forestry TEP this implies neither responsibility for, nor approval of, information contained in these websites. Forestry TEP makes no warranty, either express or implied, as to the accuracy, availability or content of information, text, graphics which are not under the ‘f-tep.com’ domain. Forestry TEP has not tested any software located on other sites and does not make any representation as to the quality, safety, reliability or suitability of such software.
Personal Data Privacy
By accessing the Forestry TEP website, certain information about users, such as internet protocol (IP) addresses, navigation through the site, software used and time spent, as well as other similar information, will be stored on Forestry TEP servers or servers of other parties directly involved in the delivery of the website. For more information on the use of this data, please see the Privacy Notice.
Use of IP addresses
The IP address is a number that is automatically given to your computer when you are surfing on the internet. Servers that host web pages, automatically identify your computer through its IP number. Forestry TEP uses IP addresses in order to carry out statistics.
Acceptable Use Policy
- As a Forestry TEP user, you agree to abide by these guidelines.
- As a registered user, you agree not to share login with others. Misuse of assigned accounts and unauthorised accessing others’ account is strictly forbidden.
- You understand that Forestry TEP will monitor and log activity on the portal. Please see more information above and on the Privacy Notice.
- You are responsible for the fair use of the Forestry TEP portal and associated resources and understand you shall not engage in activities that compromise or weaken the security of the Forestry TEP portal and system.
- Forestry TEP shall not be used for any illegal activity – any such activity will be reported to the authorities and may be liable to prosecution.
- Forestry TEP users shall not purposely engage in any activity to: harass other users; degrade Forestry TEP portal performance; deprive other users of access to a resource, circumvent computer security measures or gain access to a system for which proper authorisation has not been given.
User Generated Content & Responsibilities
- Forestry TEP does not provide any assurances as to the accuracy, relevance or usefulness of any user-created content on the Forestry TEP portal.
- As a developer, any developed and /or published service should adhere to the above acceptable uses. Any service should not contain any copyrighted software or data, expect where permitted by law or by the owner of the copyright. Any service should not contain any code or materials that will compromise the security and integrity of the Forestry TEP portal and associated system, any data or resources on or associated with the Forestry TEP platform or the integrity or privacy of any user accounts.
- Forestry TEP reserves the right to remove, without warning, any services or data published by Forestry TEP users if they are deemed to be inappropriate or comprise Forestry TEP security or this acceptable use policy. The decision as to appropriateness rests solely with Forestry TEP.
- Forestry TEP users have the ability and responsibility to notify the Forestry TEP Helpdesk of any inappropriate content. Such content will then be removed prior to a review of their appropriateness.
- Forestry TEP reserve the right to remove access, either temporally or permanently of any users deemed to have not followed either the acceptable use policy or their responsibility with regards to generating content on Forestry TEP. User may also be reported to appropriate authorities.
The contents of the Forestry TEP website are intended for the personal and non-commercial use of its users. Forestry TEP grants permission to users to visit the site, and to download and copy information, images, documents and materials from the website for users’ personal non-commercial use. Forestry TEP does not grant the right to resell or redistribute any information, documents, images or material from its website or to compile or create derivative works from material on its website. Use of material on the website is subject to the terms and conditions outlined below.
All material published on the Forestry TEP website is protected by copyright and owned or controlled by Forestry TEP or the party credited as the provider of the content, software or other material.
Users may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, reproduce, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, display or in any way exploit any of the content, software, material or services, in whole or in part, without obtaining prior written authorisation.
Use of ESA logo
The ESA logo is owned by ESA and protected by trademarks and under Article 6ter of the Paris Convention for the Protection of Industrial Property. You may not modify or create derivatives of the ESA logo. Any use, reproduction, publication, display, transmission, making available to the public or exploitation of the ESA logo requires prior written authorisation. For authorisation, please contact: corporatedesign @ esa.int