Forestry TEP Project
The Forestry Thematic Exploitation Platform (Forestry TEP) has been originally developed in a project commissioned by the European Space Agency (ESA), as one of several TEP platforms to facilitate more effective use of Copernicus and other data in support of forest ecosystem monitoring and sustainable forest management.
With the development project successfully completed in 2018, the platform is currently operated by the research and development centre VTT in Finland, in cooperation with CGI in UK as the system integrator, committed to maintaining and developing the platform further and supporting our users. ESA continues to support the platform, particularly in the on-boarding of user organizations, in the context of ongoing project extensions.
The project consortium involved in the original development phase of the platform (2015-2018) consisted of the following partners:
- VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland Ltd: coordination, user management and communication, pilots
- CGI IT UK: technical design and implementation of the platform
- Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC) (UK): cloud computing environment, data access
- Spacebel (BE): sustainability analysis and planning
- Arbonaut (FI): support to requirements analysis for value adding services